‘Crisp singing and clear diction is matched by outstanding technical ability by the singers.’ Sunday Herald
‘The playing of the Dunedin Players under John Butt is admirably crisp, and the singing of the Consort disciplined and clear in enunciation.’ The Sunday Telegraph
‘The playing and the singing is outstanding. Highly recommended.’ The Observer
• The Dunedin Consort presents the premiere recording of Mozart scholar David Black’s new 2013 edition of Süssmayr's completion of Mozart’s Requiem.
• In keeping with several other Dunedin projects, this provides the opportunity to re-imagine what this work may have sounded like at its very first performance.
• To this end, the recording will be the first not only to use this new edition, but also to present the work using forces close in style and scale to those at the first performances.
• One striking element of these performances is the fact that the soloists are also the leaders of the choir, thus giving a greater consistency to the relationship between the solo numbers and the choruses.
• Dunedin Consort seeks to resurrect Süssmayr's much maligned edition to its place and worth in history.
• Taking centre stage are soloists Joann Lunn soprano, Rowan Hellier alto, Thomas Hobbs tenor and Matthew Brook bass-baritone.
• The Dunedin Consort has established a reputation as one of the finest period performance choirs around, under the direction of prize-winning historical performance specialist John Butt OBE.
• The multi-award-winning Dunedin Consort has won praise for the natural style of its soloists and renown for the virtuosity of its singers.
‘…it’s well nigh impeccable, with director John Butt marshalling his resources superbly to create a richly detailed rendition of this much loved work.’
Voix des Arts
'Maestro Butt and Dunedin Consort approach the score with the refinement of chamber players, and the resulting fusion of grandeur with intimacy serves the music ideally.’
‘…a world-class performance…’
'The Requiem had plenty of Dunedin hallmarks: crystal-clear counterpoint in the Lux Aeterna, pure vocal lines in the Lacrimosa, ferocious drive in the Dies Irae.'
more >> UWAGA: w opakowaniu znajdą Państwo kupon uprawniający do ściągnięcia profesjonalnego pliku mp3 z nagraniem Requiem.